We are committed to protecting your privacy as an online visitor to the Active Emporium website. We use the personal information we collect about you to maximise the services that we provide to you. This policy explains how we collect, use, and safeguard your personal information.
The kinds of information we collect and hold
Depending on the specific circumstances of your use of the website and TLC services, we may collect and hold a range of information about you. You may provide basic contact information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to allow us to send information (such as an e-newsletter) to you. If you are purchasing goods or services from the Active Emporium website, you may provide financial information such as credit card details.
This is not an exhaustive list. For example, we may also collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, respond to a survey or communicate with us in relation to queries.
How we collect your information
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (for example, when you register your details with us; subscribe to publications through the Active Emporium website; participate in promotions; competitions or surveys that we run; or contact us with a query or request);
- from publicly available sources of information.
How we hold your information
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
How we use your information
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- to provide information to you (e.g. e-newsletters, promotional materials), to enhance your experience on the Active Emporium website, or to provide you with better customer service;
- to gain an understanding of your information needs, to perform market research and analysis, and to improve or develop the content on the Active Emporium website;
- to monitor the Active Emporium website’s use, quality and performance, and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems, infrastructure or business offerings.
How we use your information for direct marketing
We may use personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material and information. If you wish to cease receiving any such information you can opt out by email at email@example.com and we will action your request as soon as practicable.
Disclosure of your information
We will not knowingly disclose your personal information to third parties except to:
- law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law;
- our professional advisers, such as our lawyers and accountants, where required for them to advise us;
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser for the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business. In such circumstances, we would only disclose your personal information in good faith.
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia
How to access or correct your personal information
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us in writing to us at [firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can consider and respond to your request.
How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
You may also use those contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to your complaint.
Whilst we sincerely hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without the involvement of third parties, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) or the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (www.tio.com.au).